What is the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline?
The National Sexual Assault Online Hotline is a free, confidential, secure service that provides live help over the RAINN website.
Who should use the Online Hotline?
- Victims of sexual assault (whether their attack took place today or decades ago)
- Spouses, family members, and partners of victims
- Friends of victims
What services does the Online Hotline provide?
- Crisis intervention and support
- Answers to your questions about recovering from sexual assault
- Information about medical issues
- Explanations of the criminal justice system, and what to expect when you report the crime to the police
- Referrals to resources in your area
- Information for family and friends of victims
How does it work?
It works just like instant messaging. You’ll go into a private session with a trained volunteer and communicate, live, by typing messages back and forth. The service is completely anonymous, and you do not have to give your name or any personal information.